Monday, April 9, 2012

SW:TOR Bugs - Stuck Issues

If a character got stuck, there are options a player can use to unstuck his/her character. These options are available for all, so players can immediately return to what they are doing.

1. Type /stuck
   ~ This allows you to move your character to a different spot in the same location, but no more than 20 meters (well, based on what I observed).

2. Quicktravel Ability
     ~ This allows you to move your character to any unlocked bind points available on your current planet. You can find this in your Abilities window, press P>General tab>Quicktravel.

3. Emergency Fleet Pass
     ~ The Emergency Fleet Pass allows you to move your character to your faction's fleet. This is the last option you have in case the first two didn't work.You will get this ability upon reaching level 10, and have completed your class mission in your starting planet. You can find this in your Abilities window, press P>General tab>Emergency Fleet Pass.


Stuck on Loading Screen

     ~ This issue requires assistance of a live support. You should submit a ticket requesting to have a live chat and stating that you are "stuck" and can't use /stuck, quicktravel and fleet pass. You should never include in your ticket the words "stuck on loading screen" as it will be responded by malfunctioned droids asking for your DxDiag, crashdump files, etc. In case they don't know what to do, inform them that you will log using the said character and instruct him to move it to a smaller planet or to your fleet.


     ~ Well, based on my experience when I encounter this issue, I discovered that SW:TOR droids have different level of intelligence. Some of them actually have no idea what s/he is doing, asking for information/files without analyzing the problem. I submitted three tickets stating that I am stuck on loading screen and received almost the same responses asking for Dxdiag, etc., and advised to try a wired connection or use the repair tool. I was lucky on my fourth ticket, a live agent (Protocol Droid W3-P8) contacted me in-game and asked few questions, he then stated that it is indeed a stuck issue with a higher level of severity. He then advised me to log in using the affected character and stay for five minutes. After waiting for about 3 minutes, the loading screen changed and my beloved character was successfully moved to fleet.


I hope this article will help fellow players who have this issue. Sorry for the grammar, I am not a native speaker. I made this to help fellow players. BS comments are not allowed. You can mail me or leave a comment if you have any suggestions/clarrifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment